Share a Snapshot of Your Tech Job with Middle TN Students!
Let's introduce the next generation to the world of tech.
Remember when students went on actual field trips?
The pandemic has made it close to impossible for students to visit companies, observe real work, and have a micro-learning experience.
To help, GPO has partnered with the Nashville Technology Council to create job shadow videos for middle and high school students in Middle Tennessee. Our goal is to show an actual “workday” of a tech professional so that a student can explore a tech career and become familiar with tech companies in Tennessee.
The videos will ultimately become part of a job shadow library and larger project to bring Computer Science and STEM pathways to rural counties.
You can help!
- Think about something you do often that relates to your tech role.
- Record a 3-5 minute video of your screen as you complete a task/project/micro-learning experience.
- Introduce yourself, company, role, and talk the student through what you’re doing and why it’s important.
- We’re thinking of short, helpful videos like these Zoom explainers.
- Videos are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22, 2021 at the latest.
Reach out to email@example.com with any questions, ideas, or your video. We need your help to share the amazing diversity of a tech role with students!