GPO is Hiring a Web Content Writer
We’re looking for a Web Content Writer who can write about anything. Yes, anything. Car tires, brake problems, smelly couch solutions, the best way to make a pizza without an oven (is it even possible?!) – you name it, and we guarantee GPO has the words.
This writer will join our virtual-first team and is ideally located in Texas, Tennessee, Illinois, Montana, or Colorado. They’ll be instrumental in planning, writing, and implementing amazing web content for nationally recognized brands. If you haven’t strongly considered getting inked with a writing-related tattoo at some point in time, think twice before applying. You must love to write!
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to published writing samples to Haley Collins. Note that to move forward after the initial interview, you will need to complete a writing test so we can gauge your aptitude for this role.
Initial interviews will likely be scheduled the first and third week of September — our team is headed to Content Marketing World on September 13! Come say hello if you’re there!
We’re a fast-paced content technology company with a content team that’s flexible and fearless. No topic is too complicated or too mundane for us to tackle! Join our team and you’ll spend your time:
- Optimizing existing copy on client websites (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.), and performing independent keyphrase research to support your strategy
- Collaborating with clients to build fresh and original content calendars that support brand initiatives and earn clients premier placement in organic search results
- Writing new SEO-friendly copy and blogs for client websites
- Writing on a wide variety of topics in multiple formats (blogs, industry articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
Writing for our proprietary content platform (seriously, this will be the highlight of your life)
- Researching unfamiliar topics to create content that is innovative and original
- Adapting your voice to fit the client’s brand and style guidelines
- Editing and proofing submissions from freelance writers
- Editing and proofing internal deliverables, reports, and briefs
- Formatting and scheduling web content for clients in WordPress
Web Content Writer must have demonstrated writing experience, professional and/or academic. Must also have experience writing for a web-based audience as well as a basic understanding of search engine optimization best practices and how they apply to digital content.
Further requirements include the following:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SEO research and keyword placement
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Experience in Google Docs (preferred)
- Experience in WordPress (preferred)
Mental & Physical Health Benefits
- 100% employee and dependent children premium paid by GPO for Bluecross Blueshield medical and Aetna dental insurance
- Family and dependents can be added to plan with pretax payroll deduction
- Free 24/7 access to medical doctors, therapists, and psychiatrists through MDLive
- Self-managed PTO starting with 15 days (120 hours) PTO per year, increasing thereafter
- 13 paid holidays per year (and Voting Day when applicable): New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving (2 days), Christmas (2 days)
- Summer half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Up to 15 days (120 hours) for life events requiring time away from work
- Work from home with strategic, in-person office hours
- All technology, equipment, and work materials provided by GPO
- Ongoing monthly WFH bonus of $500 to optimize your home office setup
- Flexible, collaborative work schedule
- Community Benefits
- Open door coffee chats with our CFO
- Virtual Happy Hours
- Themed virtual events, like Murder Mystery challenges
- Monthly Culture Champion meet-ups and learning sessions
- Commission program for sales and new team member referrals for all GPO employees
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) with a 3% GPO contribution, regardless of your payroll contributions to the 401(k)
- Financial support for work-related learning courses, certifications, conferences, etc.
Who Is GPO?
GPO is an agile content technology company that serves mid-sized and Fortune 500 clients across a range of industries including fashion, food, financial services, events, CBD, automotive care, and more. Everything we do points toward our mission: to make the Internet a better place through search.
We’re jazz-hands, big-smile proud of who we are and who we are becoming. Our developers oversee a data-driven SaaS platform that creates content at scale, generates client dashboards, and manages API integrations. Our business listings team ensures clients’ stores are accurately represented across the digital ecosphere, and our content and SEO teams work together to get clients on page one of search results. You’ll get to work with them all, and play an integral role in both GPO’s success and that of our clients.
Our numbers help tell our story:
- We’ve driven millions of local organic search visits — accounting for more than $2 billion in revenue — to some of the nation’s largest multi-location brands.
- We manage more than 1.5 million store pages, data listings, and product information listings for some of the country’s largest brands.
- Our 10+ years of history reflects GPO’s success in collaborating with clients in the local digital marketing space.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to published writing samples to Haley Collins.